COVID-19: Indian Oil and Gas Canada’s Precautionary Measures and Business Continuity Plan Implementation
March 17, 2020
This update outlines what Indian Oil and Gas Canada (IOGC) is doing to protect its staff and those we work closely with, our expectations of companies, and how we are maintaining essential services related to the management of oil and gas on First Nation reserve lands.
Due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, IOGC is monitoring information from public health authorities and federal partners to ensure we are consistent with their guidelines.
Accepting and processing of payments from companies to First Nations is an IOGC essential service.
Until further notice, IOGC has implemented the following operational changes:
- Physical mail and payments can be deposited in the secure mailbox to the right of IOGC’s front entrance.
- Meetings scheduled with IOGC staff have been postponed and travel suspended.
- IOGC staff have been instructed to stay home until further notice, with the exception of essential service staff.
- Many IOGC staff are unable to work remotely and do not have access to email or voicemail.
- The general IOGC email firstname.lastname@example.org will be monitored for referral to appropriate staff. Responses may be delayed for non-essential services.
Expectations For Companies
IOGC expects companies to commit the necessary resources to plan for and respond to impacts and potential impacts caused by this event, in the event of an incident, and/or in the event of an emergency situation. IOGC also expects companies to ensure the continuance of payments where possible. Communication with existing First Nation and IOGC contacts is encouraged for changes or issues related to field operations.
Support For First Nations
We are committed to accepting and processing payments to First Nations. For questions related to a specific company’s operations, contact the company directly. For environmental concerns related to field operations, contact the respective oil and gas provincial regulator, the company, with a copy to this email address email@example.com.
Please check IOGC’s website for updates or changes and keep safe.
Strater Crowfoot, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director